A festival for short-films is being sponsored by the Howard County Library. Students, ages 14-22 are welcome to join, so if you know someone who is into video editing, encourage them to submit their entry. Deadline for submission is February 6. Full details below:
Future Filmmakers: Original Film Festival
- Films must be directed, shot, and edited by students, ages 14-22, attending classes in Howard County.
- Each director may submit one film.
- Films may be on any topic, but must be limited to G or PG rated language and subject matter. (Visit www.mpaa.org for more information on these ratings.)
- run no longer than 10 minutes
- include title pages and credits
- be in their finished state when submitted
- be submitted on DVD
- DVDs will not be returned.
- Films will be previewed for quality and content. Selected films will be screened at the Future Filmmakers Film Festival at Howard County Library’s Miller Branch on Tuesday, March 4 (high school student films) and Thursday, March 6 (college student films).
For further information call 410-313-1950 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your finished film to any Howard County Library location between January 2 and February 6, 2008 with the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Age
- Your Phone
- Your School
- Title of Your Film
- Length of Your Film
- Date of Completion
- Subject of Your Film
- Names of all filmmakers involved with the film