Friday, May 11, 2007

Wise words from WordPress founder

Even though this blog is on blogger, I still want to share this posting from the founder of WordPress (Matt) ---
Meaningful Overnight Relationship.

I read a lot of blogs out there that are written on WordPress and most (if not all) my clients who are blogging use WordPress. It's a good take on how he views success and where he wants WordPress to go. The one thing I've liked about WordPress is how customizable it is and how the platform allows developers to build on top of a pretty robust framework.

I think judging from the title of his posting (Meaningful Overnight Relationship) Matt really wants to talk more about the difference between an overnight success and a long-term success. I couldn't agree with him more. One of the books to read about how overnight success and a lot of publicity doesn't necessarily translate into long-term success is Jim Collin's book "Good to Great". And there's money to be made from this theory as Jim Collins shows how investors can be rewarded if they choose these companies that are built for the long haul.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: