Sunday, May 27, 2007

Infrared tech for the outdoor cook

Infrared to sear your steaks. The article says infrared burners will do to outdoor cooking what the microwave did to indoor kitchen.

Infrared burners are ready to barbecue

I remember many years ago, I attended a tech summit and the speaker on the stage started his presentation by showing us his latest tech toy ... a stainless steel weber summit grill. He shared details of the features including pictures and some reviews about its performance. Then he went into the rest of his presentation.

I've had my weber for about 8 years now and I've changed some of the parts including the burners and I've often remarked how simple the technology is inside these grills. Gas flowing through a burner tube ... not much different than old gas stoves. That will all change when infrared burners becomes mainstream.

Something to look forward to in the summers to come.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: